Re: NVDA on a Lenovo Miix 630 - no modifier key at all

Gene

Those with more technical knowledge may disagree or say I'm wrong.  I don't think it matters what key you try to use.  I think that if you remap a key, you are telling the keyboard to generate the same incompatible code as the insert and caps lock key generates now.  You are simply telling another key to do the same thing as a key does now.  Are you saying that a portable numpad is something you wouldn't consider?  It is not a different keyboard, just a numpad.  If you really like that computer, that may solve your problem.

From: Isak Sand
Sent: Saturday, May 30, 2020 3:40 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA on a Lenovo Miix 630 - no modifier key at all

Hello,

This is my guess too. This particular keyboard model just does not accept any other keys to be pressed together with Caps Lock, and I will discuss the issue with Lenovo.

But then, if we for a while forget about the Caps Lock and other, so to speak, traditional NVDA modifier keys that simply do not seem to work.
Would there be a reasonably easy way to get the < key to act as a NVDA modifier key? It could be a good solution at least temporarily.
In the Finnish keyboard layout the < key is the one sitting between left Shift and z; I think it is  back slash (\) in the US English one.