Re: NVDA on a Lenovo Miix 630 - no modifier key at all

Isak,

           There are several things I would suggest you do, the first of which is to make certain that all of the Lenovo supplied drivers are up to date on your machine.  The webpage on their support site for this, where you drop in to the Automatic Driver Update tab, where there is a Start Scan button, is:  https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/tablets/miix-series/miix-630-12q35/downloads/automatic-driver-update

If you prefer to land in the manual tab instead:  https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/tablets/miix-series/miix-630-12q35/downloads/driver-list
but there are a range of settings you need to select from at the top to see the driver(s) you might need, and not all at once, so in this case I'd suggest allowing the automatic scan.

There was a BIOS/UEFI update from 2018, and it could be possible your machine does not have that, and that can have an impact on all hardware, including the keyboard.

I can find no image or diagram of the actual keyboard layout itself either in the User Guide or Hardware Maintenance Manual, but as you've already indicated they state it is a full-sized keyboard, which generally means at the very least having an Insert key, and very often a number pad (though not necessarily for a convertible tablet keyboard).

I suspect either the keyboard driver, UEFI/BIOS, or some interaction between the two is a hitch in the proverbial gitty-up here.  There's no logical reason for what you describe, though I have no doubt it's happening.