Re: speechhub add-on installation error

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

Could I ask which version of NVDA are you using? If I remember right unless it has been removed the old speech hub add on is found within the software but will only work on NVDA 2019.2 and earlier.

I am not sure if it has been updated or removed for that version.

I have the latest add on for NVDA 2019.3 and onwards which I think he has posted on the website as well I would have to check how far down the page it might be.

Not on my computer but will be on the website

The page where you can get teh add on from for nvda 2019.3 and onwards can be found at http://www.speakon.org.uk/SpeechHub/public/docs/NVDAClient/NVDADownloadInstallation.html

You will need to look for a heading called installing the speech hub add on and it will give you a link to the latest version and I think mention it for earlier versions.

Speech hub gets installed first then the add on. some times you might just have to reboot nvda for it to show up.

I will contact Isaac to see if he can make a change at the top of the page where speech hub and the add on come off.

It refers to the following below.

Download and installation for use with NVDA
SpeechHub Version 1.1.0, 1 July 2015
NVDA add-on April 2020
SpeechHub can be installed in Windows 7, 8 and 10.

The change of the date and nvda add on 2020 and say either where to look down the page or some thing along those lines.

Try the updated one and see if that does the trick for nvda 2019.3 onwards other wise if you tell us I am sure it can be passed on or he might see it in the next day or so and contact you as he is 13 hours behind us and will be night time.

Gene nz

On 31/05/2020 2:33 pm, Aschalew Byness wrote:
I couldn't install speechhub add-on. When I try to install it, it says
'Failed to install add-on from C:\Users\ytake\Downloads\SpeechHub
(1).nvda-addon'. solution?