Re: speechhub add-on installation error

Isaac Porat

Hello

I am glad it works now for you.

The NVDA add-on installation page:
http://www.speakon.org.uk/SpeechHub/public/docs/NVDAClient/NVDADownloadInstallation.html

States clearly that SpeechHub (there is a link to the installer on the same page as well) needs to be installed first.

When you install the SpeechHub NVDA add-on it checks that SpeechHub is there it runs a test on it and if all is well it completes the add-on installation.

Installed in the above sequence I did not receive a single report on an add-on failure.

Regarding it's synthesizers, I am not sure I understand your question about finding these:
Press [NVDA + Ctrl + s] and the list is there, there are five SpeechHub synthesizers by default group together clearly distinguished by the word 'SpeechHub'.

Regards
Isaac

On 31/05/2020 06:14, Aschalew Byness wrote:
I am now able to install it! I was stupid that I didn’t install
SpeechHub exe first. This was the cause for the problem.
I have another question though. I didn’t find SpeechHub synthesizer as
fast as eSpeak or eloquence synthesizer. Anything I should do for
this?

On 5/31/20, Aschalew Byness via groups.io
<gakidan.ashagre235=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
No, I couldn't find it in the installed add-on list.

Double check in Add-Ons Manager (NVDA+N,T,A,Enter) to see whether it's
actually not there.

I received a message to the same effect about Speech History when I tried
install it two days ago (I think) and mentioned that here on the group.
Even though I got that error it appears to have been spurious, as the
Speech
History add-on is shown as installed and enabled in Add-Ons Manager.

Please report back on your findings.

*Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its
platform. Now, you simply declare your own truth.*

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine
Sentiment
Took Hold in the United States (
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/23/health/anti-vaccination-movement-us.html
) , September 23, 2019