Re: Switching between 6 and 8 dot UEB: is this possible?

Doug Lawlor

Well, this is interesting. Even though I have UEB enabled with both input and output tables i’m still seeing 8 dot braille. When i see something in all capitals, the letters are displayed with capital signs underneath them in the dot 7 position with a single dot 6 in front for a singgle capital letter and a double dot 6 for a word in all capitals. If UEB is only a 6 dot code, should I only see 6 dot braille? I’m really not sure what is going on here.

Hope to get more light shed on this.

Best,

Doug