Re: NVDA and Creating Anchor Text?

Quentin Christensen

Hi David,

An anchor is basically just a link.  If you want to create an anchor so you can link directly to a particular part of the text, here's a guide: https://www.rapidtables.com/web/html/link/html-anchor-link.html

The blue colour is just the default colour that many browsers use for links, just as links are usually underlined - you shouldn't need to do anything special in your HTML to specify that - either leave it to the design of the page itself if you are simply submitting content, or to the individual user browsing the site.

Regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 12:52 AM David Russell <david.sonofhashem@...> wrote:
Hello Members,

I write general articles for a major freelance service, and
sporadically, an order may appear in the work pool asking for
something that includes "anchor text." I did not choose to take the
order, because my Google research revealed that best practices shows
anchor text in blue. I do not know if the program used by the
freelance service has an option to select colored text.
In the future, is there an HTML guide that will instruct one on how to
create anchor text that automatically fills in whatever is necessary?

Thanks in advance. I do receive the digest version of group emails.

--
David Russell
david.sonofhashem@...

--