Re: Tony's addons - updates

Bruno Aníbal Prieto González

Hello Tony!
Very good your add-ons, it's a great job.
I have a couple of suggestions and some issues.
The first thing is if you could move the settings of your add-ons to
NVDA's built-in preferences, this would allow you to configure
profiles. It happened to me that the enhanced word navigation feature
doesn't work well in UIA controls, for example in the Address Bar of
Microsoft Edge, in Onenote, Quick Notes, etc. What happens is that
when you press ctrl and arrows, select that text and NVDA says
selected. However, I like the way it works with VS Code, so I have to
be activating and deactivating that function. With indent nav in apps
like the ones I mentioned, quick notes or onenote, so does the same,
NVDA says selected. Both add-ons work, but it's tedious that NVDA
verbalize that in these cases.

Thank you very much!

Best regards

pycld2 is better it has built in function to split string into
languages, but you have to  pip install from github not pypi. The
version on pypi has issues on install.

在 2020/5/30 22:16, Tony Malykh 写道:
That's what I thought too.

On a separate note, I was thinking that we can use langdetect library
to detect the language of every paragraph on the fly and switch to
that language. This would allow to automatically switch between two
Latin-based languages, or between Chinese and Japanese. Maybe some day
if I have enough time I'll work on that...

On 5/29/2020 11:38 AM, Rui Fontes wrote:
They have different characters, but both group of characters are in
the same UNICODE group...

So, like among the latin languages, it is not possible, without lots
of processement, to switch from chinese to japanese and vice-versa...

Rui Fontes

Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Às 02:43 de 28/05/2020, William Wong escreveu:
No, they have different character. As far as I know.

Tony Malykh 於 27/5/2020 22:32 寫道:
Language map can be edited in preferences. Do Chinese and Japanese
use the same Unicode character set or different ones? If they use
the same set, autmatic switching won't be possible.

On 5/27/2020 3:21 AM, William Wong wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the list of addons.

Regarding "tonysEnhancements"

how to edit Edit language map

for instance, If I want to configure Traditional Chinese and
Japanese, how should I correct the map?

Thanks.