Re: NVDA and Audacity recordings

Hettie

Good afternoon

Wow! Thanks for all the welcomes and Audacity information. I'm sure I'll soon be able to record all my cassette "photos" onto my computer.

Have a great weekend.

Hettie

On 2020/06/04 6:01 pm, Tony Ballou wrote:
Hi Hettie,

Welcome aboard! The only wrong question about NVDA is the one that you fail to ask here.  You're in the right place and all's gravy!

To get additional help with audacity, Here are a few links that should get you on the right track.

Audacity for blinds users Wikipedia page

https://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Audacity_for_blind_users?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=d75ef7fea65080556f1f73e702b75228037ee9e2-1591285732-0-AbShQjxdc_Nok3gx3B7NYCmKKpjocm8gNtBKWDfKyQ_Bw8X0R7CFRYM6qJxR51wQGrVzemfWDr0AVf3t2K3FiLX6GLyXY-aXQVqCO35DvxMD0EL5dFAwze2SbIWvu9mV7EmdqBTtucOnnZ3KA0fkQV6HsrwX_KlGrjsHmL7WmsHSyjZisF8JCeMSFNwZBqMvqR8yUWsESW1fNrjnVkASnFeENyo414uVx1vpIqaPkvjhn7PkkMAbW0wX8UKQu2RGH6-kU6B-RK_NkhdVGMHwIEG05T1PBIsJ_tUmW4sGsAcLm_JLJ60ZjzYjQNO2yy1Tz9va0nKnR-0-pAPkajglv7OmURXBo-gGGiNAQotXniKp7oBHMhAO7TnIw8YIzCz4fA

the link for the audacity for blind users Email list is

https://www.freelists.org/list/audacity4blind

Here's how to get subscribed.

1. Go to https://www.freelists.org/list/audacity4blind.
2. Enter your email address into the "your email address" edit box.
3. Tab to and check the check box to indicate that you aren't a robot.
4. Tab to the Next button and press it. You will receive an email to confirm the subscription.
5. In that email, open the link to confirm your email address. A web page opens in which you have to agree to various terms.
6. There are three check boxes which have to be checked, and finally a Next button to press.
• A Guide to using Audacity 2.4.1 for users of Jaws, NVDA, and Narrator, by David Bailes. It includes tips for navigating Audacity without the mouse which should be helpful to users on all operating systems.

Hope this helps.

Tony

On 6/4/2020 6:32 AM, Hettie wrote:
Hi Listers

I am new to this List and not sure yet what may be discussed and what not.

Nvda is my only screen reader and I work with Windows 10.

I need assistance with Audacity recording stuff from an old tape recorder.

Current questions include which version of Audacity to use; how to determine the volume at which I am recording.

Do you know a blind group specifically for new Audacity users?

Thanks

Hettie

https://www.avg.com