New to NVDA, questions about Outlook and Excel with NVDA

Jane Carona <jane.e.carona@...>

Hi everyone,

I’m new to this list, and so grateful to have found it!  I was a very happy WindowEyes user and came to Jaws very unwillingly, and have never liked it.  Just started using NVDA today, and it seems a lot like WindowEyes, so I think I’ll be very happy!

But I have two questions:  How do I access attachments in Outlook.  Typically, when on a message with an attachment, I’d shift tab to the attachment and hit enter on it, but that doesn’t seem to work with NVDA.

My other pressing issue is reading titles with Excel.  I live in Excel, so this could be a deal-breaker.  With smaller spreadsheets, I’ve gotten the titles to read pretty well, but I have some spreadsheets that have 17,000 or more rows, and NVDA reads the first row of data sometimes as column titles.  Is there a limit on the size spreadsheet NVDA can comfortably handle?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jane Carona

Jane.e.carona@...