New to NVDA, questions about Outlook and Excel with NVDA

Janet Brandly

Hello Jane and all,

I was also very happy with Window-Eyes. Fortunately, I skipped JAWS completely and came directly to NVDA. I have been happy with it so far. The email support is outstanding.

Regarding attachments in Outlook, recently I was having an issue where NVDA would announce that a message had an attachment but, when shift-tabbing from the message body, no attachment would appear. Apparently these messages did not in fact have attachments but the reason NVDA saying they did had something to do with how the message was written. When messages do have actual attachments, they will appear when you shift-tab from within the body of the message. You will hear the list of attachments and told to use alt plus down arrow to hear the list of options.

I have no meaningful experience with Excel so cannot help you there.

Hope this helps,

Janet