Re: New to NVDA, questions about Outlook and Excel with NVDA

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Hi Jane,

I am a keen user of Excel with NVDA. I use it almost every day. I would be happy to answer any queries you have.

I wonder exactly what problem you are finding with column headings?

I note that you start your columns one column in and one row down from the top. That is no problem. Place your cursor on cell b2 and press NVDA+shift+c. This will fix b2 as the start of the column headings. If there is a break in row 2, the column title will stop being spoken with the last column before the break. Simply move the cursor on row 2 to the right until you get to the first filled cell after the break and press control+shift+c again. This will set the whole row to be the next set of column headings until the next empty cell in row 2. Repeat this until all the column cells are enabled as column headings. Each column will be echoed even if you are moving on the 1048576th row of the table.

The trick is to watch the gaps.

Let me know if this solves your difficulty and let me know if I can answer any more questions for you! I write complex formulas and macros with no problem using NVDA. It is a great product!

All the best,

Cearbhall