Re: Stop NVDA from automatically reading media on webpages

In Chrome, Reader View is an Add-On at this time.

Personally I use an ad-blocker in every browser I use except Brave, which does ad-blocking as part of its functionality.  If I have a site that refuses to let me in when the web browser is active, I either disable it for the page I'm trying to get at or the site itself, and that's only if its a site I know I have reason to use repeatedly.  Otherwise I simply take the site off of my list of sites I'll use.  As far as I'm concerned, no site has the right to dictate to me whether or not I can use an ad blocker.  If web ads were as innocuous as print ads are (to the sighted) where you can just jump right over them that would be one thing, but they're not.  They blink, scroll, flash, and sometimes even have sound associated with them.  They make using the web sheer hell for a great many, and I don't want to have to deal with them.

Websites have every right to include ad content, but they have no right to make me view it.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.