Re: problem with the newest chrome

P. Otter

ok, but when you tell me that you have no problem to see the links, i think there is something else wrong.

but i don't know what it is.

when i search on google, there are the results but the links will not be spoken.

but they are stil there.

when i go to a result, i press one time uparrow, there where i know there is the place of the link and i press enter, the link will open as usual.

but i don't hear or read the link it self.

cheers

paul otter

Op 19-8-2016 om 13:40 schreef Gene:

I said you can't stop chrome updating but evidently you can.  If you set UAc to its highest level, you can say no when it asks you to allow Chrome to update.  You will have to do this at some point after you start Chrome, probably every time you start it.  However, it may not be worth the risk.  Some Windows users, particularly of Windows 10 though evidently now and then in earlier versions, have had a problem where the yes button disappears from UAC.  If you set UAC to 100, this the results of the problem are evidently far more serious than if they are set at the default level.  Also, it isn't a good idea to run old versions of browsers for security reasons.

It would be better to use a different browser such as Firefox until this problem is resolved.  And, since it may be that Chrome breaks things in upgrades related to accessibility more than Firefox, using Firefox in general might be preferred.

However, I don't know what problem you are describing.  I am using the latest release version of Chrome 52.x, and I have no problem working with or seeing everything in Google searches.  Are you using the nonbeta program or a beta?