Re: Editing an Excel cell with a Braille display

Louis Maher

Hello Jane,

For Excel, try this.

You can try unchecking the box which says “allow editing directly in cells”.  In Excel 365, do this:

Open an Excel spreadsheet. 

Type alt + f. Up arrow to options, hit enter. Down arrow to advanced. Tab until you find the box which says “allow editing directly in cells. Uncheck that

box. Shift + Tab until you reach OK. Hit enter.

As for the capitalization pitch indicator, I have noticed that some voices do not show the capitalization shift change.  For this reason, in the Speech option, I have chosen One Core Voices, and I use Microsoft Zira.

That voice does give me a capitalization pitch change.

Regards

Louis Maher

Phone: 713-444-7838

E-mail ljmaher03@...

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jane Carona
Sent: Friday, June 5, 2020 5:41 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Editing an Excel cell with a Braille display

I promise this is the last question for today!  But I notice that when I want to edit a cell in Excel, and hit F2, my braille display (a very old Focus 80) doesn’t track, and the cursor routing keys don’t work and my edits don’t show up until I hit enter.  Do I have some setting wrong?  Or is this a problem with NVDA and the Focus.  Also, my capital alerts aren’t working, with no differentiation for capitalized letters, even though I have it set in settings to notify me with pitch of any capitalization changes.

I’ve been playing with this most of the day now, and I think I’m going off to read a book.  I bet everyone’s breathing a sigh of relief!

Jane Carona

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.