Re: Require help with Google Hangouts with NVDA

ss sarfudeen

Dear list members,

I wrote back to the list again two days ago explaining in detail about
the issues I am still encountering with the Hangouts app and
requesting for further guidance. But I have not received any response
from the members yet. I would appreciate if you could respond and
assist me in accomplishing this task.

Thanking you for any and all assistance,

Sultana

On 6/4/20, ss sarfudeen via groups.io <sssarfudeen=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Brian and Sarah,

I would like to be able to make/answer a Hangouts video call and and
also reply to conversations in my contacts. Currently, I am attempting
to do this only with a single participant. When I open the Hangouts
app using Chrome, I am able to see that I am logged in to my Google
account but unable to click the Allow Camera button and answer a video
call. In the same way, I am not able to reply or send a message to a
particular contact. I tried the above using the Firefox browser as
well but with no success. By the way, I have not received a direct
link to join a meeting or a video call.

Another issue I am facing with Google Chrome is that when I open a
page or switch pages, I am unable to go back to the previous page
using the Alt and the left arrow keys.
I hope I have provided some clarity about the issues I am encountering
to seek more guidance.

With thanks and regards,

Sultana

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 11:00 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

For me all I did was click the link I was given, clicked join, allowed
my
camera, and that's about it.
I have seen this for Google Meet, as it's a competitor to Zoom and others
like it, but not for Hangouts, which is a separate thing. I do know that
links are used when establishing video calls, though, as I do that on
occasion, but have only ever done so with myself and a single additional
participant.

*Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its
platform. Now, you simply declare your own truth.*

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine
Sentiment
Took Hold in the United States (
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/23/health/anti-vaccination-movement-us.html
) , September 23, 2019