Re: New to NVDA, questions about Outlook and Excel with NVDA

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Jane,

Try calling microsoft again. You might get a different person. I've found them to be very helpful when I had trouble with something.

Rosemarie

On 6/6/2020 2:21 AM, Jane Carona wrote:

Good morning, (or whatever time it is where you are, I’m not really sure).  Anyway, Thanks so much for writing back.  I’ll check out that github thing, never heard of it.  And I’ll send you both spreadsheets so you can have a look.  The one that’s called my books data base a-l is the one where half the columns don’t read properly, with crossing by night showing as “title”, and suspense showing instead of the column title genre.  The spreadsheet called my books data base m-z works fine.  And now I’m having trouble with NVDA and Outlook, where I’m happily typing along and NVDA freezes and when I get it back I’ve lost the message I’ve been typing!  I’m back in Jaws now, never thought I’d have to do that!  Things were fine until yesterday when I had a guy from Microsoft accessibility reinstall my NVDA in hopes that that would fix the excel issue.  This has been a struggle, I can tell you.

Anyway, attached are the two spreadsheets, see what you think.  And I do have whatsapp, so maybe if you want, we could talk that way.  We Excel people need to stick together!  My mobile number is 301-922-2994.  Those of us in the United States are so provincial, that I haven’t a clue about a country code, sorry.

Jane