Re: sends the contents of the clipboard to the remote machine

Luke Davis

On Sat, 6 Jun 2020, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

I would guess not. I can see a legal battle if that were to ever be implemented.
Why, Sarah? Every other remote desktop platform out there can move files from one machine to the other. I know people who run their whole business that way: moving files to and from remote computers at remote locations without human employees via the Splashtop remote desktop tool, which they also use to control what happens to those files.

NVDA Remote really needs this capability.

If you let someone you don't trust into your computer, then you bear the outcome.

That aside, if someone is doing a remote session and really badly wants a file from you, there are several ways they can acquire it--SCP from your machine to another, a web uploader, an email attachment, good old FTP, and more.
It's all just much less convenient than having the remote desktop software do it.

Luke