setting up imap email

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Hi all you Google users,

I cannot find the “gear” icon on the Google page for setting up a gmail account.

Here is the instruction that I am following:

Step 1: Enable IMAP

You can retrieve your Gmail messages with a client or device that supports IMAP, like Microsoft Outlook or Apple Mail.

1. Sign in to Gmail.

2. Click the gear in the top right .

3. Select Settings.

4. Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.

5. Select Enable IMAP.

6. Click Save Changes.

Note: This setting is not available while using the basic HTML view of Gmail. To enable IMAP, use the standard view instead.

Wonderfully clear instructions! However, I am blocked at step 1! I cannot find the “gear” icon on my screen. Can anyone tell me how to do it without sighted assistance, please?

All the best

Cearbhall