Re: Eloquence and NVDA

Rui Fontes

From Code Factory, of course...

They are the Nuance resellers for our market.

Rui Fontes

Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Às 17:42 de 09/06/2020, Greg Wocher escreveu:

Hello,
I did not know that Tiflotecnia sold a version of eloquence. Where do you get it?

Greg Wocher

On Jun 9, 2020, at 10:34 AM, Rui Fontes <rui.fontes@...> wrote:

Yes, my company also sells Vocalizer Expressive for NVDA and Eloquence for Windows (SAPI5).

Our Vocalizer product is different from the one from CodeFactory, despite using the same voices.

Rui Fontes

Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Às 11:52 de 09/06/2020, Gene escreveu:
I believe there is another company making the voices available.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
-----Original Message----- From: Marquette, Ed
Sent: Saturday, June 06, 2020 8:25 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io ; the.gems@...
Subject: Re: [nvda] Eloquence and NVDA

Let me encourage you to beware of CodeFactory.

I bought the CodeFactory Eloquence about two years ago from CodeFactory, mostly because I had become used to Eloquence with JAWS.

After installing and reinstalling it without success, our IT Department (and we have over 1,000 employees and an IT staff of over 20 people), CodeFactory’s technical support just said “Sorry.”

Certainly, our level of security is higher than most, but for technical support simply to give up and not even offer a refund left our IT Department and me amazed. What kind of organization does that?

It was only $30, but for me, it is a matter of integrity. I might have refused an offer of a refund, but not even to offer one spoke volumes to me about the integrity of the organization.

I’m happy with Microsoft’s One Core voices. In fact, when I use JAWS with Eloquence, it is just a bit unpleasant now.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rui Fontes via groups.io
Sent: Friday, June 5, 2020 5:30 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io; the.gems@...
Subject: Re: [nvda] Eloquence and NVDA

[ CAUTION - EXTERNAL SENDER ]

Hello! In private and to the group.

You can use the SAPI5 version of Eloquence or the NVDA add-on sold by CodeFactory.

As the NVDA add-on have a bad sound on some systems, I recommend to test the add-on or buy the SAPI5 version...

Rui Fontes

Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Às 23:22 de 05/06/2020, Grant Metcalf escreveu:

I am wondering if the Eloquence voices will work with NVDA? I prefer the voice bryan and hope it will work. Please answer me directly if possible.

Grant Metcalf

Email: the.gems@...

This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipients above and may contain information that is privileged, attorney work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete this E-mail message. Thank you.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.