Re: Stop NVDA from automatically reading media on webpages

Justin Harford

Hello

Thank you everybody for the suggestions. I will give reader mode and add blockers a try.

Kind regards
Justin
Justin Harford (he/him/his)
Program Coordinator (NCDE)
Mobility International USA (MIUSA)
132 E Broadway Suite 343
Eugene OR 97401
541-343-1284 (voice)
jharford@... (email)

On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 8:31 AM Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
This solution might not be as good as one or two others offered, but you may
find it useful.

That's an interesting question.  It may be what is known as a live region.
As far as I know, NVDA doesn't support not automatically reading live
regions.  I don't know about other screen-readers,  But in such a case, I
would suggest the following if you only want to rread content.
Select the entire page with control a and paste it to the clipboard.  Open
Notepad and paste it.  Then look for the beginning of the article, if your
screen-reader doesn't allow you to stop automatic reading of live regions.