Re: Stop NVDA from automatically reading media on webpages

hello. i wish to know
whether
Report dynamic content changes in nvda preferences, object presentaition,
can resolve your issue? and prevent nvda from reading live regions and
flash contents?

On 6/5/20, Justin Harford <jharford@miusa.org> wrote:
Hello

I'm not sure the subject line accurately describes my issue, but it seems
like there are webpages today that have content that automatically
refreshes and changes. \unitone \left( \r2\mathbb{\usepckage{times 9 it
appears to be used for advertising or promoting a website's publications.
NVDA }}i\aght) automatically reads this content, and it often interrupts my
reading of the articles themselves. Here is an example of a webpage:
https://www.lovefood.com/recipes/60477/denis-cotters-black-bean-soup-with-chocolate-and-chillies

As I tried to read the recipe, the screenreader is also reading some sort
of a flash object that is promoting other articles. Is there a way to stop
this? It seems like either I should be able to stop the screenreader from
announcing this, or I should be able to stop Google Chrome from displaying
it. I have used ad blockers in the past, but it seems like many webpages
now will not allow you to access their resources if you are using an ad
blocker, so I wonder if there is some other tool that I could use.

Regards
Justin
Justin Harford (he/him/his)
Program Coordinator (NCDE)