Re: end of the line for finereader

g melconian

Don’t know .kurzweil 1000 has not been updated since 14. Since the developer of Kurzweil 1000 for the blind has retired. they are still keeping Kurzweil 3000 product around. Maybe download a trial of that and see how it works. The other thing I can think of is open book by VFO or omni page .but with omni page I have not tried and don’t know how well it will work .

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 2:19 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] end of the line for finereader

Hi all.

Well, looks like fine reader just had a name change since I have gotten it.

It seems to be called fine reader 15 pdf now.

Since support and abbyy don't seem to deem it important to fix the accessibility issues and since it all seems locked to business now I think it is time for me to cut my losses and upgrade.

The last version was released at the end of the year.

What ocr program should I use instead of abbyy fine reader.