Re: end of the line for finereader

g melconian

Do let us know about your finding.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 2:25 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] end of the line for finereader

As for omnipage it appears nuance has sold it to a company called kofax along with paperport.

My brother scanner has the last version of paperport 14.2 and its not
accessable really I mean it was at one stage but who knows.

In 2016 I got an offer on aother computer from some speech recognition
software for omnipage but didn't need it at the time.

if I'd known I would have got that one then.

Yeah k1000 aint available and the last version was 2015 which was a shame.

It handled pdf, braille transcription and the like.

Still who knows.

If this text cloner pro actually works out I will be happy.

On 11/06/2020 9:15 am, g melconian wrote:
Don’t know .kurzweil 1000 has not been updated since 14. Since the developer of Kurzweil 1000 for the blind has retired. they are still keeping Kurzweil 3000 product around. Maybe download a trial of that and see how it works. The other thing I can think of is open book by VFO or omni page .but with omni page I have not tried and don’t know how well it will work .