Re: Braille input focus 40 blue 5th gen and NVDA

Quentin Christensen

Hi Justin,

I haven't got a Focus 40 myself, but it should certainly work with NVDA.  Here is the section from our user guide on the Focus and other Freedom Scientific displays: https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/documentation/userGuide.html#FreedomScientificFocus

If you want to reassign any of the default key assignments, you can do that in NVDA with NVDA's Input Gestures dialog: https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/documentation/userGuide.html#InputGestures

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 8:20 AM Justin Harford <jharford@...> wrote:
Greetings everyone

I'm trying to learn about the braille display offerings out there to get a sense of a good match. I was recommended to take a look at the focus 40 blue fifth-generation. I read through their documentation and it almost sort of sounds like according to the brochure the ability to input braille is limited to when you are using JAWS, but when I look at the online manual from the company, it vaguely seems like any screenreader that supports braille input would work. Has anyone successfully used the focus 40 blue with NVDA to input braille?

Regards
Justin
Justin Harford (he/him/his)
Program Coordinator (NCDE)