Re: Nvda and Office 2016

David Goldfield

I have occasionally encountered this problem and not just with NVDA as the screen reader. The alt-tab solution will certainly work. However, what usually works for me is to press the alt key twice. The first press will move focus to the ribbon and the second press returns focus to the document window and speech should behave as expected. The bottom line is that you want to move focus away from and then back to the document window. Alt-tab certainly does this but pressing either the alt or the Windows key twice will do the same thing and may be a tad easier and quicker.

On 6/11/2020 11:46 AM, zahra wrote:
did you try alt tab to go to another application, and alt tab again
for returning to your desired program?
i face this issue many times in firefox and alt tab solution work for me.

On 6/11/20, Jarek.Krcmar <Jarek.Krcmar@...> wrote:
Hello group,

I have Nvda 2020 and Office 2016.

I have found a problem.

After starting word or excel, Nvda is silent.

I would like to know, where is an error.

Do you have an idea, please?

--
Jarek