Re: Nvda and Office 2016

Quentin Christensen

If you press NVDA+N, then T, there is an option there in the Tools menu called "Run COM Registration fixing tool".  That can help in some situations.  Usually it's more when everything reports "unknown" but it could be worth a try here.

Otherwise, could you have any add-ons in Microsoft Office which might be stealing focus to an invisible window on startup?  I know DropBox was doing that at one point.  Some Anti-Virus programs have in the past as well.

Regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 7:16 AM David Goldfield <david.goldfield@...> wrote:
I have occasionally encountered this problem and not just with NVDA as
the screen reader. The alt-tab solution will certainly work. However,
what usually works for me is to press the alt key twice. The first press
will move focus to the ribbon and the second press returns focus to the
document window and speech should behave as expected. The bottom line is
that you want to move focus away from and then back to the document
window. Alt-tab certainly does this but pressing either the alt or the
Windows key twice will do the same thing and may be a tad easier and
quicker.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager