Re: problem with the newest chrome

Kevin Chao

Chrome has 4 different channels (Canary, Dev, Beta, and Stable), and they update at different times. Specifying "latest version" isn't useful for debugging purposes, so 

please copy/paste the value that chrome://version provides 

Thanks!

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 8:37 AM Artin Dekker <artindekker@...> wrote:

I use Windows 10 build 14393 32-bit.

Artin Dekker
Beheerder win10-nl
https://win10-nl.groups.io/g/algemeen
Op 19-8-2016 om 16:22 schreef Gene:
It should be pointed out that those reporting problems aren't stating the version of Windows being used.  Those who are reporting no problems are also not providing such information.  That might be at least one reason that people are reporting different results.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2016 8:07 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] problem with the newest chrome

Then these problems may be Chrome problems.  I won't comment further and I'll wait to see what others may say. 

Gene
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2016 7:41 AM

The log is the NVDA log. In the nvda-translations list is a message about chrome, http://www.freelists.org/post/nvda-translations/Google-Chrome-support-is-broken-20163-should-alert-users-on-changest2t.

Artin Dekker
Beheerder win10-nl
Op 19-8-2016 om 13:11 schreef Gene:
Then this is evidently not an accessibility issue and I suspect it isn't a general problem with Chrome.  A sighted person probably wouldn't see links either and an error message is generated by Chrome, something that would not happen if this were an accessibility issue.  Try uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome.  You may have gotten a bad update. 

Also, since only one other person has reported an unclear problem with Chrome and certain links, that further supports the possibility that this is not a general Chrome problem.

Gene
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2016 6:50 AM

If I have a link in Chrome NVDA says blank. This happens at every link, not only in search results. The log is:

ERROR - XMLFormatting.XMLTextParser.parse (12:46:30):
XML: <control controlIdentifier_docHandle="1836924" controlIdentifier_ID="-5026" _startOfNode="1" _endOfNode="0" isBlock="1" isHidden="0" _childcount="22" _childcontrolcount="22" _indexInParent="0" _parentChildCount="1" IAccessible2::attribute_explicit-name="true" IAccessible2::attribute_tag="#document" IAccessible2::state_1024="1" IAccessible::role="15" IAccessible::state_1048576="1" IAccessible::state_64="1" keyboardShortcut="" name="Microsoft – Official Home Page" ><control controlIdentifier_docHandle="1836924" controlIdentifier_ID="-5027" _startOfNode="1" _endOfNode="0" isBlock="1" isHidden="0" _childcount="5" _childcontrolcount="4" _indexInParent="0" _parentChildCount="22" IAccessible2::attribute_class="shell-header shell-responsive  global-sticky mobile-view" IAccessible2::attribute_display="block" IAccessible2::attribute_id="shell-header" IAccessible2::attribute_tag="div" IAccessible2::attribute_xml-roles="banner" IAccessible2::state_1024="1" IAccessible::role="1043" keyboardShortcut="" ><control controlIdentifier_docHandle="1836924" controlIdentifier_ID="-5031" _startOfNode="1" _endOfNode="1" isBlock="1" isHidden="0" _childcount="1" _childcontrolcount="1" _indexInParent="0" _parentChildCount="5" IAccessible2::attribute_display="block" IAccessible2::attribute_id="srv_shellHeaderMicrosoftLogo" IAccessible2::attribute_tag="a" IAccessible2::state_1024="1" IAccessible::role="30" IAccessible::state_1048576="1" IAccessible::state_4194304="1" IAccessible::state_8388608="1" IAccessibleAction_Gaan naar="0" description="Microsoft" keyboardShortcut="" ><control controlIdentifier_docHandle="1836924" controlIdentifier_ID="-5035" _startOfNode="1" _endOfNode="1" isBlock="1" isHidden="0" _childcount="1" _childcontrolcount="0" _indexInParent="0" _parentChildCount="1" IAccessible2::attribute_display="block" IAccessible2::attribute_explicit-name="true" IAccessible2::attribute_src="https://assets.onestore.ms/cdnfiles/onestorerolling-1608-09000/shell/v3/images/logo/microsoft.png" IAccessible2::attribute_tag="img" IAccessible2::attribute_xml-roles="img" IAccessible2::state_1024="1" IAccessible::role="40" IAccessible::state_4194304="1" IAccessible::state_64="1" IAccessibleAction_klikken="0" keyboardShortcut="" ><text _startOfNode="1" _endOfNode="1" isBlock="0" isHidden="0" _childcount="0" _childcontrolcount="0" _indexInParent="0" _parentChildCount="1" >Microsoft</text></control></control></control></control>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "XMLFormatting.pyc", line 60, in parse
ExpatError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 1, column 1516

Artin Dekker
Beheerder win10-nl
Op 19-8-2016 om 12:01 schreef Gene:
Chrome automatically updates itself and the user can't stop it.  Use Firefox for sites where you have this problem.  It isn't clear to me what the problem is.  Is the problem that when you do a search such as a google search, you don't see the links in the results displayed as clickable links or you don't see the address of the sites in the results showing where the result leads?

Gene
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2016 3:31 AM

One of the things I soon learned was to keep archives of older versions of
software so one could back track if things got broken. For the moment all
you can do is tell  The Chrome team and nvda team about any issues and  back
track to the earlier viersion until its been fixed.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2016 6:24 PM
Subject: [nvda] problem with the newest chrome

> hello all,
>
> i've a problem with the newest version of chrome.
>
> when i type a search string for example nvda the results will coming up,
> but the link will not be spoken.
>
> what's wrong?
>
> i've allso an older version, but that's a portable version.
>
> when i open this version the results will be spoken allso the links.
>
> what can i do to solve this problem and are there more people who has
> problems like this in chrome?
>
> i was just glad that i could use chrome in nvda.
>
> the same problem comes up when i open youtube after i have search results.
>
> i don't understand why this is changed.
>
> before chrome was working perfectly!
>
> thanks in advance.
>
> paul otter
>
>
>
>
>

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.