Re: setting up imap email

Albert Ruel

I have set up several Gmail accounts, and the captcha is usable, albeit somewhat difficult to do. I sometimes had to do it more than once to find success.

Thx, Albert

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 19, 2016, at 8:26 AM, Kevin Huber <kevin.huber1@...> wrote:

Hi:

If you want to set up a Gmail account, go to www.gmail.com.
If you do not have an existing gmail account, you will be presented
with the form that you have to fill out to creat a google account.

Remember, there will be a capcha that you will have to fill in as
well. I haven't done it in several years, but when I did it, they had
a link to an audio capcha but the audio was, at least for me, almost
impossible to understand. I think I ended up using Webvisom with
Firefox.
Kevin Huber

On 8/19/16, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
In programs, the gear icon very often is identified by screen-readers as
tools.
Evidently, on the Google page, you would look for some other name. I don't
know what that name might be but it might imply that you can get to settings
from there. Maybe something like options or preferences or something else
that implies a relevant category.

I've never set Google up to be used with an external account in part
because, though I have an account, I've almost never used GMail.