Re: How Do I Stop the NVDA Updater from Monitoring Specific Addons?

Kenny <kwashingtonbox@...>

I figured out how to stop the Add-on Updater from checking BrowserNav, and Tony's enhancements for updates.

Under NVDA Settings -> Add-on Updater -> Do not Update Add ons [List]. Checked the boxes for the 2 add ons in question and no more false update alert.

On 6/15/2020 5:57 PM, Kenny via groups.io wrote:

I'm using NVDA Version: 2020.1.

I downloaded the files for installing Tony's add-ons directly from his Github page. Not sure if those versions are newer then the one's NVDA are pointing too in the Updater.

They're definitely older for the Browser Nav 1.9 version that the updater wants me to install doesn't have the newly added "Browser Marks" option Tony introduced a few weeks ago. The 1.11 version I have installed does.

Maybe it's just my PC then. I'll just keep closing the add-on updater notice when it pops up. It's just annoying me somewhat.

On 6/15/2020 4:27 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
You do not mention what version of NVDA you're using.  That matters, as "the newest" is, as far as add-ons go, "the newest compatible with the NVDA you're running."

The Browser Nav page notes that the last version compatible with NVDA 2019.X is Browser Nav version 1.1.   I believe version 1.9 is compatible with 2020.X (even though the actual add-on page for the stable version is still showing several versions back).

The latest stable version of Tony's Enhancements is 1.4, and Add-On Updater does not deal with development versions.  And even the development page for that add-on only has a link to version 1.4.  I can find absolutely no reference to a Version 1.7 being "live" anywhere.

You can always uninstall the add-ons, then manually download and reinstall them.  It could be that will cure the problem going forward.