Re: remote servers

Luke Davis

On Tue, 16 Jun 2020, mattias wrote:

NVDA remote addon has allways been crap
If you are behind a router no go
Everyone I know who uses NVDA Remote add-on, including me, uses it from behind a router. It is almost impossible to find a network that doesn't use a router and a firewall of some sort.
Without changing anything on my routers at all (yes, several routers), I have connected to people across the room and across the country, usually with no trouble at all.

Rather than making outlandish statements, why not describe a situation, with specifics, where you've had problems, and people can help you figure out how to get around the problems, rather than making statements that are demonstrably false given all the people who daily use the add-on.

Luke