Re: NVDA and Jabber

Hmmm well obviously first you should get the latest update and try again if you are not updated.

On 16/06/2020 10:10 pm, Sean Murphy wrote:
I used to work for Cisco Systems in the accessibility team. Jabber version 12.1 and 4.0 support NVDA JabbJabber version 12.5 and later does not really supportnvda Jabber 12.7 and later I suspect the level of support has improved. Jabber 12.7 has a major uplift where you do not require Jaws scrips There are still some gaps here as well. I do not know about any later versions. My suggestion is send your complaints tMy suggestion is send your complaints to Cisco Be vebe very loud about it. The accessibility team will do their best but the ownership relies on the product teamThe accessibility team will do their best but the ownership relies on the product team.

My experience is the part

On 16 Jun 2020, at 12:23 am, Marquette, Ed <ed.marquette@kutakrock.com> wrote:

´╗┐All:

I know at least one other member of this list is a Jabber user. Jabber, a Cisco softphone product, is really wonderful and is mostly accessible. When office phones are not accessible or only marginally accessible, Jabber really helps, and because it is a Cisco product, the IT departments in large companies do not push back--as they do with programs having less recognized pedigrees. Jabber is even more important now that many, if not most, of us are working primarily from our home offices.
NVDA works quite well with Jabber on 95% of the calling features; however, it does not give the "STATUS" of the person being called, and it does not work well with Jabber's live chat feature.
JAWS handles these features fine, but JAWS is so bloated and so slow that our key application, a document management system, nearly chokes with JAWS running.
Once there was a Jabber add-in for NVDA, but it did not help with the above features.
Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you.