I can access nvdaremote.com fine from here. Are you on a corporate or work network? It could be that the other JC server is down.

Cheers,

Mo.

On 16/06/2020 13:54, larry k wrote:
you know, I just said what I got. I was using the jc hosting site successfully and after about 3 days, now I just get an error.
I didn't change anything.
I'm just trying to figure out what happened and how to go on from here.

-----Original Message----- From: Luke Davis
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2020 1:30 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] remote servers

On Tue, 16 Jun 2020, mattias wrote:

NVDA remote addon has allways been crap
If you are behind a router no go
Everyone I know who uses NVDA Remote add-on, including me, uses it from behind a
router. It is almost impossible to find a network that doesn't use a router and
a firewall of some sort.
Without changing anything on my routers at all (yes, several routers), I have
connected to people across the room and across the country, usually with no
trouble at all.

Rather than making outlandish statements, why not describe a situation, with
specifics, where you've had problems, and people can help you figure out how to
get around the problems, rather than making statements that are demonstrably
false given all the people who daily use the add-on.

Luke