CodeFactory eloquence won't start anymore

Vincent Le Goff <vincent.legoff.srs@...>

Hello everyone,

I don't know if I should write here, but it's mostly to see if others had this issue.  Perhaps I was unlucky.  I often am with technology.

So I purchased CodeFactory eloquence and it worked well... until it didn't.  Now my profile with Eloquence in it won't start.  When selecting it I have a dialog telling me that CodeFactory will open settings to check registration.  I say okay and yes when Windows asks me if this software should be allowed to perform admin tasks.  The settings open... but on clicking on ok I get a simple error: couldn't load synthesizer.  This happens if I select the speech synthesizer in NVDA's settings as well.

So I would guess: not an NVDA bug, most likely a CodeFactory bug.  Still, as far as I know, things worked great before the update of the last NVDA version (I'm running on 2020.1 now).  Then again, it can hardly be a Python version error, since I don't expect major changes took place in Python version between these NVDA versions.

Has anyone experienced similar issues?  And found a quick fix?  I like quick fixes... if they hold.

Thanks!

Vincent