Från: Vincent Le Goff
Skickat: den 16 juni 2020 20:28
Till: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Ämne: [nvda] CodeFactory eloquence won't start anymore

Hello everyone,

I don't know if I should write here, but it's mostly to see if others

had this issue. Perhaps I was unlucky. I often am with technology.

So I purchased CodeFactory eloquence and it worked well... until it

didn't. Now my profile with Eloquence in it won't start. When

selecting it I have a dialog telling me that CodeFactory will open

settings to check registration. I say okay and yes when Windows asks me

if this software should be allowed to perform admin tasks. The settings

open... but on clicking on ok I get a simple error: couldn't load

synthesizer. This happens if I select the speech synthesizer in NVDA's

settings as well.

So I would guess: not an NVDA bug, most likely a CodeFactory bug.

Still, as far as I know, things worked great before the update of the

last NVDA version (I'm running on 2020.1 now). Then again, it can

hardly be a Python version error, since I don't expect major changes

took place in Python version between these NVDA versions.

Has anyone experienced similar issues? And found a quick fix? I like

quick fixes... if they hold.

Thanks!

Vincent