Re: CodeFactory eloquence won't start anymore

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

I also had this happen with the SAPI 5 version of Eloquence. Apparently, with the latest Windows update, it somehow deactivated the license key.  I saved my license key in the e-mail that authorized the sale and  so it was a simple matter to reauthorize by opening the product via the desktop icon and then clicking the enter key button and pasting in the key.  It reauthorized the software.  I wish they would make the necessary change in the software that would allow Windows to update without this random happening.

On 6/17/2020 8:06 AM, Hareth wrote:
Code factory products license check is the worst by far.
I've learned the lessen the hard way.
Not spending a future penny on their apps no matter what.
On 6/17/20, mattias <mjonsson1986@gmail.com> wrote:
Try to reregister

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

Från: Vincent Le Goff
Skickat: den 16 juni 2020 20:28
Till: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Ämne: [nvda] CodeFactory eloquence won't start anymore

Hello everyone,

I don't know if I should write here, but it's mostly to see if others

had this issue. Perhaps I was unlucky. I often am with technology.

So I purchased CodeFactory eloquence and it worked well... until it

didn't. Now my profile with Eloquence in it won't start. When

selecting it I have a dialog telling me that CodeFactory will open

settings to check registration. I say okay and yes when Windows asks me

if this software should be allowed to perform admin tasks. The settings

open... but on clicking on ok I get a simple error: couldn't load

synthesizer. This happens if I select the speech synthesizer in NVDA's

settings as well.

So I would guess: not an NVDA bug, most likely a CodeFactory bug.

Still, as far as I know, things worked great before the update of the

last NVDA version (I'm running on 2020.1 now). Then again, it can

hardly be a Python version error, since I don't expect major changes

took place in Python version between these NVDA versions.

Has anyone experienced similar issues? And found a quick fix? I like

quick fixes... if they hold.

Thanks!

Vincent

--