Re: remote servers

Brian Moore

There have been a bunch that have scome and gone over the last few years. what I ended up doing is putting up my own on a machine that has a public ip address and use it..

I also set up a free dynamic dns account on that machine in case its IP changes. Pretty unlikely but it could happen and I have the updater client installed so the dynamic name will always resolve unless the internet connection itself goes down in which case, name resolution wouldn't matter.

There are prebuilt binaries for most platforms for the NVDA remote server or you can compile your own from source if you want to do that too.

Brian.

Contact me on skype: brian.moore
follow me on twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/bmoore123
On 6/17/2020 11:50 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:

I was hoping that I could find the magic keywords to find a list of all the official and unofficial NVDA Remote Servers, but no luck.  So, it would make sense to create one, don't you think?

I found this page:  https://jc-hosting.me/nvdaremote.php

Which indicates that jc-hosting.me is an unofficial server.  No date on that page, and since I don't use NVDA Remote I can't say whether this one is still alive or not.  But offering up the server IDs that are being used is the way to build a list.