Re: Discrepancy Between NVDA and Youtube sounds

Gene

I should have said that as I recall, the original problem discussed is a volume level one. I was pointing out something else that may cause problems for people if they are unaware of it and how it is actually a good feature.

From: Gene via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2020 4:19 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Discrepancy Between NVDA and Youtube sounds

Firefox hasn't used Flash to play videos for a good while, unless an HTML5
copy isn't available on a web site. As I recall, the problem is a volume
level one.

But whatever is causing that problem, its worth noting that Firefox won't
automatically play videos in more recent versions. There is a play button
Firefox places on the screen which you activate. I don't use Firefox much,
but I've seen more than one play button at times and the one at or near the
top of the screen does nothing. You have to find the one farther down.

That's actually a good feature for blind people, preventing sites from
playing unwanted audio when a screen-reader is being used.