Re: setting up imap email

Gene

Gear is the picture of the icon.  You don't look for just such a term or description when following instructions for sighted users.  You have to use logic and inference and experimentation to see what is being referred to.  programs routinely use a gear icon for the tools menu.  A sighted person sees a gear.  A blind person hears the word tools because that is text the icon has associated with it.  A sighted person can see the word tools, as far as I know.  But it is routinely referred to as a gear.

The same may be true on various web pages where you have options or perhaps a menus.

Sent: Friday, August 19, 2016 12:32 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] setting up imap email

Hi Brian:

Thanks for that explanation.  I actually investigated this myself and
I pressed the settings button and was able to follow the instructions
given in the Gmail help, but instead of click on a gear, I pressed the
settings button and was able to follow the rest of the instructions as
normal.
Kevin Huber ,