Re: seika6 display braille, why no driver?

Mallard

Hello simoneand all,

Funny, I was just going to report a strange experience I've just had with my Touchme5.

The external add-on (or driver, or whatever it was) never worked for meThe display was seen by NVDA in Automatic, but not if I selected it from the Seika option. I got the "Unable to load display" error.

On automatic, though, I could read the first 40 characters, move down or up by line, but not pan horizontally.

Last week I bought ZDSR, a Chinese screen reader for Windows, which only supports Seika display brailles.

I installed it, and my Touchme5 sorked like a clock immediately.

the strangest thing, however, was that, when I treid using with NVDA, it loaded regularly choosing the Seika option, and now it works perfectly well with NVDAtoo.

I can scroll, pan, use touch cursors...

Don't know what did the trick; I can only think that ZDSR installed some driver or other that now lets me use this display all along.

I hope the devs will find a way to make Seika displays work with NVDA again, because the braillle is very good, and it's a pity they can't be used at their best.

sorry for the partially OT, but I wanted to report this, just in case someone understands what might have done the trick.

Ciao,

Ollie

On 16/06/2020 17:45, Simone Dal Maso wrote:
Hello,
the situation for Seika Display Braille is quite strange on my opinion.
Now, for Seika until version5, users should use an external addon, since from 2019.3 NVDA is not able to recognize properly the display braille.
For seika6, the situation is different because there are no addons and NVDA is not able to initialize the display.
I think that NVDA should be able to manage Seika Display Braille... do you have some hints or ideas about this?