Re: seika6 display braille, why no driver?

Mallard

Ok guys,

I confirm I have four dll in a Seika folder within the ZDSR installation folder.

It must be what did the trick.

Ciao,
Ollie

On 19/06/2020 14:05, Mallard wrote:
Hello simoneand all,

i think that's what happened. Zdsr must have installed something.

I was astonished when I saw that, by selecting Seika, my display was recognized immediately, while earlier i had to leav it on Automatic, and then I had the problems I described earlier.

I was forced to use an old pm 40, with half of the cells half dead... Now realing braille feels like Paradise on earth! lol

Unfortunately, all the suff within that screen reader is in Chinese, so I have no idea what can have been installed...

I'll ask around in the forum, and see what I can find out.

Ciao,

Ollie

On 18/06/2020 18:55, Simone Dal Maso wrote:
Hello Joseph and all,
For Seika6 or touchme6 or whatever that finish with 6, yes, we have troubles.
But why NVDA doesn't support anymore the Seika5 display, and we should install the external addon?
If this is a final decision, we should update documentation, because from NVDA 2019.3 the normal situation is that described by Ollie, where you can read 40 characters and then you can't scroll with dedicated keys.
Perhaps,  Ollie the dedicated screen reader installed something magic on your pc, some dll, some drivers, or some little creatures that make the dirty work!

Il 18/06/2020 18:10, Joseph Lee ha scritto:
Hi,
I'm thinking it might have to do with DLL's, which suggests that there is no
pure Python driver for Seika 6 at the moment.
Cheers,
Joseph