Re: NVDA and MathML, specifically for Chemistry Markup Language [Subscripts in Particular]

Greg Williams

Hi Andy,

Do you have MathPlayer installed? NVDA uses MathPlayer to read MathML, and it generally reads chemical equations in an unambiguous understandable form although not necessarily the same way that a chemist might read it out loud. If you have MathPlayer installed, and it is not reading the subscripts, can you send an example of a webpage where it is not being read, and I can take a look.

Greg

On 6/18/2020 5:37 PM, Andy Keyworth wrote:
Hello,

I'd like to find an answer about if NVDA can be configured to read MathML, WHERE the MathML is being used to represent chemistry. The main issue is that NVDA does not currently seem to read the subscripts in chemical equations.

Thank you,
Andy Keyworth