Re: Problem with NVDA and single key navigation in Chrome

georgijivankin@...

Hi Brian,

Your suspicions are correct. It was definitely the Webroot SecureAnywhere software interfering with the installation of NBDA. Since I can’t disable the software as it is being managed remotely by my organization, I tried a brute force workaround just to test your hypothesis – fetched the installed copy from my personal computer and transferred both the main NVDA and the profile directory that resides in %appdata%\roaming to the work computer and low and behold, it worked perfectly. I could successfully start NVDA and use Chrome as normal.

Then I attempted to update it to the latest beta to see if a normal installation would actually work, but after the restart it stopped working again, so I suspect the antivirus blocks some files of being properly copied or accessed by NVDA. I will ask my IT department to allow me to disable the antivirus locally in order to rectify the situation in a more permanent way.

Thank you for the troubleshooting suggestions and for the safe mode with sound script – definitely useful to have it for exactly this type of situations.

Best,

Georgi.