Re: Possible to Push Files on a PC using Remote Access?

Richard Wells

The way I get files to where I want them is to put them in my favorite
Internet based file storage and push the link to the client machine. I
do it with Dropbox by choosing copy link and changing the dl=0 to dl=1
when I get the http link and the file downloads on the client machine in
the user's default browser.

On 6/21/2020 2:33 PM, Kenny wrote:
Hello,

Been tinkering a bit with the NVDA Remote Access Add-on, and really
love it.

Especially love the ability to set the add-on to auto connect to a
client's PC immediately after NVDA has launched. Very very useful for
controlling my home PC when on vacation.

Do have a question regarding the Push Clipboard feature?

I'm able to successfully push text copied to my controller PC's
clipboard to the PC being controlled, but not files?

I figured when you use the [Control]+[c] keyboard shortcut to copy
files to the clipboard, I could place them on the client's PC using
the same Push Clipboard option?

Doesn't work.

Maybe I'm missing a step or something here, so I'm coming to the list
for guidance.

If the NVDA Remote Access add-on isn't able to perform such actions,
is there another remote app I can use that does allow this type of
file copying flexibility? Copying files from the server PC to the
client's PC.

I'm using:

NVDA Version: 2020.2beta1

Windows Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.329)

on a high-end Dell XPS PC.

Thanks for any assistance.

-Kenny