Re: speaking commands

Rui Fontes

Quentin, have you already tried to work with NVDA in those conditions?

NVDA needs, urgently, a way to filter some keypresses from being announced...

See issues #5484, #5608 and many more...

Rui Fontes

Às 04:34 de 23/06/2020, Quentin Christensen escreveu:

If you press NVDA+4, or toggle "Speak command keys" in NVDA's keyboard settings, it will speak keys such as ENTER or CONTROL+S.

NVDA doesn't automatically know that CONTROL+S is save, so it generally won't automatically announce that, however if the keystroke brings up something like a save dialog, then that would be announced (for instance the first time you press control+s in a new document in Word).

Not directly related to control+s, but there is a "clipspeak" add-on which will report the functions of some keys such as control+c (Copy) and control+v (paste) where they perform those functions: https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/clipspeak.en.html

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 12:17 PM Grant Metcalf <the.gems@...> wrote:
I am hoping that sometime soon the NVDA developers will have NVDA speak commands such as “control-save”. I am always in doubt if I have been able to save the file I am working on. Mostly I use the text editor Notepad and very occasionally Wordpad for “RTF” files. Granpa DOS would appreciate all efforts the developers would exert toward making the very basic commands speak!
Cordially yours.

Listening for HIS shout!
Grant Metcalf

--