From: zahra
Sent: June 22, 2020 9:38 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows ten and nvda 2017 versions:

Luke,

thanks so much for your reply!

may i contact you offline and ask some questions in this regard?

however, my favorite version of nvda is 2017.2.

but espeak in 2017.3 is also good,

and there is no difference about espeak between these versions.

On 6/23/20, Luke Davis <luke@...> wrote:

Arlene, Zahra is correct. I keep a copy of 2017.3 around for add-on
testing,
and its
basic functions work quite well under Windows 10 up to, at least, Win 10
version
1909.
However, essential items like the Add-on Updater, and Windows 10 App
Essentials,
do not work with it, unless you dig up some very old versions.
Basically it is highly inadvisable to use such an old version of NVDA on
Windows
10, and there are rarely any good reasons to do so, unless you need to use
it to
find bugs for add-ons and things like that.
I would certainly never use it as my daily screen reader.
Luke
On Tue, 23 Jun 2020, zahra wrote:
nvda has support for windows ten since 2015.3!

--

By God,

were I given all the seven heavens

with all they contain