Re: windows ten and nvda 2017 versions:

hi Joseph.
thanks extremely for your help.
according to my understanding from your comment,
if i find one system with windows ten, (all current and previous
versions of windows ten are equal in this regard)
that i can use them for basic usage. am i right?
for example: navigating between files and folders, settings and
control panel, reading and writing documents and listening to audio
files are all available in windows ten with nvda 2017.2 and 2017.3.
but if i want to benefit from all new and modern features, modern
softwares of windows ten, and especially cloud services of windows
ten, i should use new version of nvda.
because some features of current versions of windows ten, are
completely new and they were not available in the year of 2017 that
nvda can supports them.
the features like
this sentence that i read about 2018.3
• Added support for various modern input features introduced in recent
Windows 10 releases. These include emoji panel (Fall Creators Update),
dictation (Fall Creators Update), hardware keyboard input suggestions
(April 2018 Update), and cloud clipboard paste (October 2018 Update).
i believe that with 2017.3 and even 2017.2, i dont miss anything
except emojie and all other modern features that i read and mentioned
they are supported in 2018.3.
am i right?

thanks again for your help and your comment that helped me a lot, and
i became freed from concern about my need and use case about windows
ten, (if i need some day to use another system in other places with my
favorite versions of nvda that support persian language and american
accent together?
sorry, i wish that my english could be easily understandable for you
and other people!
God bless you and i dont forget praying for you and i always request
divine infinite mercy, favors, bounties and blessings for you and all
nvda developers.

On 6/23/20, Joseph Lee <@joslee> wrote:
Hi all,
To settle the matter for my add-ons and to answer possible questions:
* Can I run current add-ons on older NVDA releases: technically, yes;
practically speaking, no. This is more so if you are using an older NVDA
release that doesn't include a feature that is desperately needed by
current
add-ons (Python syntax differences and libraries, for example). In case of
any add-ons I'm maintaining, unless otherwise noted, there is a limit as to
how old an NVDA release you can use with add-ons. For all practical
purposes, my add-ons require NVDA 2019.3 or later for proper functionality.
* Does NVDA 2017.3 run on Windows 10: yes and no. The first version to
support Windows 10 properly was 2015.3 (I championed for it then). Does
this
mean 2017.3 works on modern Windows 10? Yes to some degree. What about
versions such as May 2019 Update? No because certain features, namely
proper
support for modern input features, came with later NVDA releases. How about
Chromium Edge? NVDA 2017.3 does not properly support it - the only Edge it
is familiar with is the one that is, for all practical purposes, end of
life.
* As a follow-up, will you (Joseph) make add-ons so NVDA 2017.3 users can
use more modern Windows 10 features: a year ago I would have thought about
it. Today, despite calls for this, my answer is no. We have gotten to a
point where we cannot cross the "ocean" to return to the old world,
particularly more so since NVDA 2019.3.
Cheers,
Joseph