Why does NVDA default to no Braille?

Nightowl <nightowl145@...>

Hi,

Just joined the group, so  excuse me if this question has been asked before.

The question is: why does NVDA default to no Braille whenever I start my computer? I have a Freedom Scientific PM 20 Braille display connected to my pc via USB. What can I do to have NVDA start with Braille?

Also, if I run Narrator with Braille on, then close Narrator to run NVDA, NVDA also then starts up with no Braille. How can I get NVDA to start with Braille without having to go into the Braille setting to change it to my choice of Braille display?

Thank you,
Nightowl.