Re: Why does NVDA default to no Braille?

Samuel Kacer

Hi, I think the issue is that your NVDA is probably set to not save changes to settings when it shuts down. Whenever you change some settings and you want them to persist in your next session, open nvda menu (NVDA + N), and select the save configuration option  (S). Now your settings should be saved. Test this is so by restarting NVDA and checking if everything is all right.

Also, if you want to use narrator, you don't need to quit NVDA. You can turn on sleep mode for your current application by pressing NVDA + shift + S and NVDA will be disabled for that application. Press the keyboard shortcut to toggle off sleep mode.

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 2:58 PM zahra <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:
hello.
which version of nvda do you use?
the first sentence about nvda 2018.3 is:
automatic detection of many Braille displays.
so, dont worry. nvda supports your braile display i need.
also, you can refer to the nvda user guide to find more informations
about different braile displays.

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens