Re: Navigating a Word Document with Editable Fields?

Jonathan COHN

First off, did you verify that the document was not protected? Everytime I see a protected Word document I think of the play Camelot, where they say FIE on this FIE on that  so to take a document out of protected mode press alt followed by F followed by I followed by E.  (File Info Enable Editting )

It has been a long time since I saw a word form, and I understand that the areas you are not supposed to edit will be read-only, but should be readble with the review cursor.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Date: Tuesday, June 23, 2020 at 4:59 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] Navigating a Word Document with Editable Fields?

External email alert: Be wary of links & attachments.

Hello,

I am unable to navigate this attached word document with NVDA. Does anyone know NVDA settings or word settings I can do to make this document readable?

Here are the problems:

1.       I am unable to press left or right arrow keys, or ctrl+left or ctrl+right arrow keys to move through each row.

2.       I am unable to erase content after typing it without arrowing down, out of the box, then arrowing back into the box

3.       The text in between the tables is not read by NVDA

4.       Using table navigation commands doesn't seem to work properly, from column 2, I am unable to move to column 1.

5.       When arrowing through the table, I sometimes get stuck in an endless loop, around the check boxes

6.       Arrowing up and down doesn't seem to always show the same content I just past.

Thank you,