From: Jonathan COHN
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2020 10:02 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] speaking commands

That was a nice feature of WindowEyes, one could create side effects for keys bound to a function, so that either prior to or after the primary function ran, other events could occur including speaking or routing focus to the best place. This was a menu driven type system, that required no programming skills to implement.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Date: Wednesday, June 24, 2020 at 10:19 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io>

External email alert: Be wary of links & attachments.

And, it is not so difficult to implement my suggestion:

1 - Typable keys, including letters, numbers, accents, like accut, grabv, tilde, circunflex, diaresis and so on, and enter;

2 - Arrow keys;

3 - Command keys, all other keys.

After that, close all tickets about this.

If after that, someone reopens or create new tickets, the solution can be evaluated again...

Rui Fontes

NVDA portuguese team

Às 15:05 de 24/06/2020, David Griffith escreveu:

I agree absolutely – it never made any sense at all to me that people who needed assistance with locating control keys would inevitably also have similar problems locating and using the routine cursor keys.

It seemed a bizarre design assumption from the first to compel noisy feedback from every push of a cursor key if you wanted to avail yourself of reassurance with the use of a control key like alt or control etc.

David Griffith

David Griffith

Sent from Mail for Windows 10